As of Jun 26, 2016, the company owned and operated 1,334 restaurants and franchised 166 restaurants across 48 states, Puerto Rico, Guam and 21 countries, including 98 Outback Steakhouse, 247 Carrabba's Italian Grill, 210 Bonefish Grill, 66 Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar and 3 Abbraccio restaurants.

In fiscal 2015, the company opened 49 (35 Outback, 4 Carrabba's, and 10 Bonefish) and closed 30 restaurants (29 Outback, 1 Bonefish) systemwide, in addition to selling the Roy's concept and its 20 restaurants on Jan 26, 2015. During the first half of fiscal 2016, the company opened 14 restaurants and closed 21 restaurants, systemwide. The company expects to open between 40 and 50 systemwide locations in fiscal 2016, with over half expected to be international locations.

At year-end, approximately 20% of restaurants were owned and the remaining 80% were leased. Initial lease terms typically range from 5 to 10 years, with the majority of leases providing for an option to renew for two or more additional terms.

A typical Outback Steakhouse is approximately 6,200 square feet and features a dining room and a full-service liquor bar, with total seating for about 275 people. A typical Carrabba’s Italian Grill is approximately 6,500 square feet and features a dining room, pasta bar seating that overlooks the exhibition kitchen and a full-service liquor bar, with total seating for about 300 guests. A typical Bonefish Grill is approximately 5,500 square feet and features a dining room and full-service liquor bar, with total seating for about 215 people. A typical Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar is approximately 7,100 square feet and features a dining room, a private dining area, an exhibition kitchen and full-service liquor bar, with total seating for about 240 guests. A typical Roy’s is approximately 7,100 square feet and features a dining room, a private dining area, an exhibition kitchen and full-service liquor bar, with total seating for about 240 people.

TTM20152014201320122011
Company-operated restaurants1,3311,3361,3441,3441,2681,248
Company-operated restaurant growth1.4%-0.6%0.0%6.0%1.6%-0.4%
Franchised restaurants171171166164203195
Franchised restaurant growth1.2%3.0%1.2%-19.2%4.1%4.8%
Systemwide restaurants1,5021,5071,5101,5081,4711,443
Systemwide restaurant growth1.4%-0.2%0.1%2.5%1.9%0.3%
Avg restaurant gross sq ft6,3006,3006,3006,3006,3006,300
Avg restaurant gross sq ft growth0.2%-0.1%-0.2%-0.1%-0.1%-0.0%